Friday, February 27, 2009

Something Old, Something New...

Eternity II

I posted something about the Eternity II puzzle a while back. This puzzle still has not been solved (and I kind of doubt it will be, at least not without a lot of hints).

Over the past few weekends I have been revisiting my solver code and seeing what improvements I could make. It's been amazing! I've had new ideas and new approaches to take. All in all I've sped my solver up by 250%.

I run my solver in idle processing mode (so it doesn't interfere with my gaming). My old solver would get around 10 million placements a second. My new one gets 25 million. When I compile it for pure speed (i.e. no pretty pictures of its current state and a bump of processor priority) I'm closer to 30 million. And that number is per core!

EVE Blue

In my last post I mentioned I've been working on my own Industry program for EVE. This has been progressing rather well. I've named it simply Blue (for blueprint).

I've pulled and integrated the last EVE data dump. My character editor will download character stats with EVE API. I've also got integration to EVE Central.

After combining all this information and also information on station pricing (i.e. manufacturing, research) I can generate an array of reporting. For one of my reports I feed it a character and a fictitious ML and PL, and it gives me numbers on what blueprints may be worth buying for a particular region. Of course all this information needs to be taken with a grain of salt and researched in game before any action taken.

Here is a picture of my report here but I can't get blogger to show it full size... you will need to click it to read it proper.

I need to integrate sales volume from the market window into this program somehow too. This would give me more accurate data.

No comments: