Friday, August 15, 2008

My life as an Industrialist

So I started playing EVE a few weeks ago... really fun game. There is so much depth and complexity its amazing (almost daunting even). The skill system is nice too, makes me feel like I am accomplishing something even while I am not logged in (I only have a few hours each night to play). I've found the EVEMon and EFT utilities already and use them. How anybody could anyone play EVE without them?

After getting through the tutorial I took up life as a miner in Lonetrek. I've worked myself up to an Osprey and Badger II already, so I'm generating a fairly nice income, at least for a newbie. A RL buddie of mine also started playing.

We were doing some jetcan mining a week ago when a griefer (Nathaniel Hull) warped into our belt. I quickly warped out to grab my hauler in hopes I could make it back before the pirate could flip our can. Unfortunately I didn't make it back in time and the can was flipped. It was actually quite funny... we were both watching him and he was watching us. He trying to get us to react by sending us messages by changing the name of his jetcan. My friend had a cheap ship so he attacked while I grabbed the ore and warped back to the station. My friend lost his ship, but the ore was enough to recoup his loss. It was actually a lot of fun, in spite of losing a ship.

I looked up on battleclinic this Nathaniel Hull guy... hes got history in this game going all the way back to April of 2006. It seems really pathetic to me to be still flipping cans after 2.5 years... wonder why he hasn't moved on.

No comments: